Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Put down your phone, this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza serves up hot and fresh and loaded with cheese, Canadian bacon and chunks of pineapple. The perfect family friendly meal you can all make together.
When it comes to family meals it can be hard to satisfy everyone, but here are a few more options even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. This Crock Pot Mac and Cheese, philly cheeseburger pizza, sausage and pepperoni pizza, cheesy skillet meatballs, stuffed jalapeno poppers, and Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket are simple and delicious options for a fun family night, and you can end the evening with a Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
When we think of pizza, we often think of picking up the phone and dialing into our local pizza spot and ordering take out, but now with this cast iron skillet pizza recipe you can make, enjoy, and spend less in the comfort of your home.
This Hawaiian pizza is covered in mozzarella cheese slices, large pieces of Canadian bacon and topped with plump delicious pineapples, grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Making pizza is such a fun way to get kids involved in helping make dinner. A fun thing to do is have a theme night and for this theme it would be Hawaiian. Have the kids make a delicious pizza in a cast iron skillet and watch a fun family movie. Making pizza’s are also a great idea when kids are having sleep overs or movie nights with friends. You can add all different kinds of toppings for the them to enjoy.
Do you have to preheat a cast iron pizza pan?
- You can put your skillet in the hot oven without preheating it.
- Preheating allows the heat to be distributed evenly and will stay hot for a long period of time.
How do you make homemade pizza in the oven?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a 10 inch skillet lightly grease bottom and up the sides with olive oil. Place pizza dough in the skillet and fold the edges over and inward to form the crust. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, slices of cheese, Canadian bacon, and pineapple.
- Place back in oven and cook 20 minutes or until is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Top with crushed red pepper flakes, grated parmesan cheese and fresh cut basil.
What do you put on homemade pizza?
- Canadian bacon, pepperoni, sausage
How do you clean a cast iron skillet?
- The best way to clean a cast iron skillet is by using a kosher salt and water.
- Avoid placing a cast iron skillet in the dishwasher, or from using an abrasive brush.
What sides can be served with pizza?
- Garlic bread
- Cesar salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Cheese bread
Cast iron pizza with store bought dough is a fun and easy way to make warm, cheesy pizza’s loaded with all the toppings your family loves, right in your own home.
Looking for more skillet recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Cheesy Chili Dog Skillet
- Cheesy Balsamic Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
- Queso Smothered Chicken Skillet
- BBQ Chicken and Mashed Potato Skillet
- parmesan chicken meatball skillet
- bacon wrapped chicken with jalapeno cream sauce
Don’t forget to follow me on:
Cast Iron Pizza Skillet
- 1 14.5 oz container pizza dough I used Pillsbury
- 4 slices Canadian bacon quartered
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese cut in half
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh chopped basil to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Using a 10 inch skillet lightly grease bottom and up the sides with olive oil. Place pizza dough in the skillet and fold the edges over and inward to form the crust. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, slices of cheese, Canadian bacon, and pineapple.
Place back in oven and cook 20 minutes or until is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Top with crushed red pepper flakes, grated Parmesan cheese and fresh cut basil.