Triple Chip Caramel Brownies
Triple Chip Caramel Brownies are any chocolate lovers dream come true. Every rich and gooey bite is full of chocolate and caramel delight, over and over and over again.
Triple Chip Caramel Brownies
Triple Chip Caramel Brownies are exploding with chocolate, caramel, nuts and did i mention chocolate? Oh boy, hold on tight because these Caramel Brownies are a gooey chocolate meets caramel dream come true that you don’t want to stop eating. The hot melted caramel flows right into all the little cracks of the brownies and makes them delicious and rich, and oh so amazing.
Bite after bite you get a taste of butterscotch, caramel, two different types of chocolate and a little nutty crunch from the walnuts all blended together to make one rich and gooey Triple Chip Caramel Brownie.
Tips for making the best Triple Chip Caramel Brownies:
- Make sure to use a baking pan. Is there a difference between a baking pan and a baking dish? Yes! A baking pan is made of metal and a baking dish is made of glass or ceramic.
- I made the mistake of using a baking dish the first time I ever made these Caramel Brownies and they never fully cooked in the center, but the baking pan cooked them perfectly.
- To make the caramel just melt caramel candy with heavy cream in your microwave for one minute and stir to combined. It is very quick and easy.
- Can you use pre-made caramel topping? Yes. You can put it on straight out of the container or put some in a microwave safe bowl to warm up and then layer over brownies. If you use a pre-made version buy the caramel in the squeeze bottle to layer over brownies easier, this is what I used on my Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet.
- Although you are going to want to dive right into these Triple Chip Caramel Brownies as soon as they come out of the oven, let them cool just for about 20 minutes to allow them to set before cutting.
- Is there a way to get them to cool fast? Yes. If you place parchment paper inside the baking pan that extends over the sides of the pan when you bake them, you can pull the brownies out by grabbing the parchment paper and allowing them to cool outside the pan quicker.
- You can use any type of nuts you like or omit them all together if there is some type of food allergy.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ( or favorite nuts of choice)
- 12 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Lightly Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in large, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in eggs, then add flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla, stir well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan (lined with parchment paper that hangs over the side of the pan-optional), sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove brownies from pan by pulling them out with the parchment paper and set on cooling rack to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Microwave caramels and cream in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave additional 10- to 15-second intervals if necessary, until melted. Drizzle over warm brownies. Continue to let cool and then cut into squares.