Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza
Pizza! One of the most popular foods in the United States, so you will love this simple make at home Sausage and Pepperoni Cast Iron Skillet Pizza that comes out hot and bubbling in 20 minutes.
Sausage and Pepperoni Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Did you know along with Apple pie, Pizza (pie) is among the 10 top most popular foods in the United States? Shocked? Not at all! Pizza restaurants can be found all over the United States and in fact in many states pizza restaurants are the most abundant. Well this sausage and pepperoni cast iron skillet pizza is going to keep increasing that popularity right in the comforts of your own home.
Cast iron skillet pizza comes out with a nice thick crust that is golden brown and is topped with plenty of melted cheese that strings along with each bite. The fun thing about making cast iron skillet pizza is you can experiment with all kinds of toppings.
In our house we love sausage and pepperoni pizza and this Hawaiian pizza, loaded with fresh pineapple chunks and Canadian bacon. A real simple way to get a great tasting skillet pizza is to use a store bought dough, then it is ready for you to add your toppings and bake.
Who invented pizza?
The history of pizza really began with flatbreads that contained different toppings, but the forerunner to pizza was actually focaccia. Modern day pizza came about in Naples, once tomato was added to focaccia.
How to make skillet pizza?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin with a store bought pizza dough (or you can make your own). Using a 10 inch skillet lightly rub with olive oil. Lay dough in the skillet and fold over edges to for a thick crust.
- Brush pizza dough with a little more olive oil and cook dough for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and add pizza sauce, cooked ground sausage, pepperoni slices, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven and cook an additional 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
Another fun pizza recipe are these crescent pizza rolls, they make the perfect finger food for parties and family game nights.
How many calories are in a slice of pizza?
- Each slice has 332 calories.
How to make pizza at home?
- Making pizza at home is a simple and fun way to be creative with your kids in the kitchen. You can make a pizza using a cast iron skillet, a sheet pan, or pizza stone.
- If you want to make a simple pizza just buy a pre-made pizza dough or a pre-made crust at your local grocery store and while your there pick up all your favorite toppings to decorate your pizza, and don’t forget the cheese.
How many slices are in large pizza?
- In a large pizza there is typically 10 pieces of pizza.
How many slices in a medium pizza?
- A medium pizza has 8 slices of pizza.
How many slices in a small pizza?
- If you are looking for a small pizza it will be cut into 6 slices.
- However, if you are making a homemade sausage and pepperoni pizza you can cut pieces as big or as small as you like!
Keep the popularity of one of Americas greatest food invented going, and enjoy a homemade sausage and pepperoni pizza made in hot and delicious in a cast iron skillet.
Are you looking for more skillet recipes ready in 30 minutes or less?
- parmesan chicken meatball skillet
- bacon wrapped chicken with jalapeno cream sauce
- cheese Ravioli Skillet
- teriyaki meatball stir fry
If you like this recipe please share and like:
Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 container refrigerated pizza dough or make your own
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- ½ cup ground sausage cooked
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Fresh basil and red pepper flakes to garnish