Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet
Rich chocolate fudge, warm caramel oozing over the chocolate, all topped with vanilla bean ice cream that begins to melt and drip down the side of this delicious.. Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet.
Tis the season to start eating pumpkin everything.. well maybe not everything, but this Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet for sure. These brownies served in nice big pie pieces is so delectable you will need to restrain yourself from over indulging. Packed full of chocolate, moist and fudgy the brownie part of this Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet is amazing! But wait.. the pumpkin layer gives it that yummy creaminess and sense of fall we all know and love.
Once you have you pretty brownie pumpkin skillet it is time to dress this dessert up for deliciousness which is where the warm and creamy caramel comes in.. just say “YUM!” I heated the caramel up and drizzled it over the top and took this ordinary brownie to extraordinary. The caramel just melts into the brownie and gives it that ooey gooey flavor that is amazing, but adding the dollop of ice cream on top of the warm fudgy brownie just catapults this Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet out of this world. Serving this right out of the oven makes the ice cream melt and stream down the side of the brownie to meet the caramel and it all ends up as one mouthwatering bite in your mouth. Don’t skip out this Fall on this amazing Caramel Pumpkin Brownie Skillet!
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
- For the Pumpkin Layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Egg Whites from 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- For the Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Egg Whites from 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pure Pumpkin ( not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/4 flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Caramel sauce and ice cream of choice ( I used vanilla bean)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron skillet with non-stick spray or olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup Sugar until smooth. Add egg white from 1 egg and continue to beat. Add 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until very smooth. Set aside. This is the pumpkin layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup Sugar, egg white from 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, oil, melted chocolate, and 1 cup pumpkin puree. Beat until totally smooth and incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Finally, add the buttermilk and mix until combined and smooth. This is the brownie layer.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the skillet and smooth out with a spatula. Top with the pumpkin layer. Using a knife, swirl the pumpkin mixture into the brownie mixture to get a pretty swirl effect. I went through the mixture a few times with my knife.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, cut a pie sized piece and top with warm caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
What a perfect little dessert. Thanks for the recipe.