Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken
Home cooked and delicious, this Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken is going to be perfect for you and your family at dinner tonight!
Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken
Want to put a little more pizzaz in your dinner? Well this Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken will do just that. Chicken can be made so many different ways, but we often have a hard time thinking beyond our usual ways of making it. So tonight why not try this delicious and creamy chicken skillet that will take your chicken from routine to new and amazing.
Cooking chicken in a skillet is such a quick and easy way to prepare a hearty and tasty home cooked meal your whole family will love. Rich and creamy, and made with fresh tomatoes this Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken is just what you need to take your chicken to the next level of deliciousness.
Looking for more Skillet Chicken Meals?
- Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes
- One Pot Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet
Tips For Making The Best Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken:
- Do you have to use chicken thighs? No, you can use chicken breast just make sure to cook them on a little lower heat so you don’t over cook the outside and under cook the inside.
- Make sure to cook the fresh tomatoes until they begin to wilt, it gives them a softer texture almost like butter.
- Can you use any kind of tomatoes? Yes. If you use roma tomatoes make sure to dice them into small pieces so they cook down. I like the small cherry tomatoes because they are a little sweeter.
- Creamy Garlic Tomato Chicken is wonderful served over rice or along side a green salad or vegetable.
- You can use marinara sauce in place of the tomato sauce if you have a favorite.
- This is perfect over rice, pasta, or along side a fresh green salad.
- Make sure to just slice the tomatoes in half, you want them chunky.
- 5-6 bone in chicken thighs, or 4 large chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt,
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cups yellow tomatoes, halved
- For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat, add chicken thighs and season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to same skillet and cook for about 1 minute scraping drippings from pan and butter begins to brown. Add in the tomatoes and cook over medium heat until tomatoes begin to wilt, stirring often. Add in sliced garlic and stir to combined.
- Meanwhile: make the creamy tomato sauce in a sauce pan, melt butter and saute the garlic for about 1 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and allow to simmer about 20 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Slowly pour in cream and mix to combined, then add in parmesan and garlic salt and stir to fully incorporate, remove form stove and pour into fresh tomato mixture.
- Add chicken thighs back in. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or on its own.