Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili is creamy, hearty, and delicious. Dinner doesn’t get any easier than adding everything to a slow cooker and walking away!
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
There is nothing better than preparing your meal in the morning and then walking away and having it done without standing in the kitchen all day or night. That is why I love to use my Slow Cooker, and this White Bean Chicken Chili is simply delicious. I have made it many times and every time I do it gets devoured. The Slow Cooker is truly one of the greatest cooking inventions of all time.
I love Chili! It is just the perfect mix between soup and stew, not too thick, but creamy and hearty for dipping some warm sourdough bread right out of the oven. So if are a seasoned user of the slow cooker or just a slow cooker newbie, give this White Bean Chicken Chili a try, you will love it.
How do you make white bean chili?
- Place 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast in the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker.
- Drain all cans of cannelloni beans, pour two cans over the chicken breast and place two in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add in over the chicken: chopped onion, garlic-minced, water, salt, cumin, chili powder, pepper, dried oregano, remaining processed beans, chicken broth, frozen corn, green chilies, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours, or high 2-4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from Slow Cooker and place on a cutting board to shred the chicken. Place shredded chicken back in Slow Cooker and stir to combined. ( if you want a thicker chili, remove 1/3 cup of the liquid and add 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch, mix to combined and pour back into chili. Stir and cover to cook for about 5 additional minutes.
- Serve with fresh grated cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, and fritos.
Which beans are white?
- There are a few types of white beans and they all have a couple different names, but the most commonly used names you see in the grocery stores are: navy beans, great northern beans, and cannelloni beans. Chick peas or commonly called garbanzo beans are a white bean, but I wouldn’t use them in chili. I used the cannelloni beans, but you can use any white bean you prefer.
Can you make White Chicken Chili on the stove top?
- Yes! Except instead of placing the whole chicken breast in a large soup pot of dutch oven I would recommend cutting the chicken into 1 inch pieces to allow them to cook faster.
- Place all the ingredients in the pot or dutch oven and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Looking for other Slow Cooker Meals?
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (15oz) cans cannelloni beans, drained. Place 2 cans into a food processor to blend and smooth.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken stock
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen yellow corn
- 2 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies (hot-optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, fritos for garnishing. (optional)
- Lightly spray inside of slow cooker.
- Place Chicken breast in the slow cooker (it is ok if they overlap each other).
- In a food processor or blender, process only 2 cans of cannelloni beans until smooth.
- Add: all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high 2-4 hours.
- Once Chili is done, remove the chicken breast and set aside to cool, briefly. Take two forks and shred the chicken and then place back into the slow cooker, stir to combined. (for a thicker chili remove ⅓ cup of liquid and mix with 3 tablespoons of corn starch. Add it back into chili, stir, and cover for another 5 minutes until thickens).
- Serve hot and garnish with cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, and fritos.