Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushrooms
Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushrooms is an amazing meal that you can set and forget, although it smells so good you won’t forget it. Thick and creamy, this is one slow cooker meal you will love.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
are such a great way to make a hearty slow cooker beef meal that requires little prep and a lot of eating. The ingredients in this recipe are simple, but the combination of them all over a 6 hour period of time is outstanding. If it’s one thing I love it’s slow cooked tender meat that packs a punch of flavor, melts in your mouth and is unbelievable over creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
Every piece of meat is cooked to perfection and I can’t leave out the creamy existence of the gravy, that is perfect for smothering your mashed potatoes with. Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushrooms is a fantastic, hearty dinner anyone who loves beef will enjoy. Hence, beef tips with mushrooms are the perfect combination for a beef tips recipe!
How Do You Cook Beef Tips in a slow cooker?
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet on medium high.
- Sear and brown 2 pounds of beef cut into 2 inch pieces in a skillet.
- Place beef into a slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, over the top of the beef.
- Add onions, garlic, dry onion soup mix, and mushrooms over sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
- 20 minutes before done, mix a rue of 3 tablespoons of water with 3-1/2 tablespoons of corn starch and pour into slow cooker, stir and then cover and finish cooking. When done, serve over mash potatoes.
What are Beef Tip?
- Usually a Tenderloin steak or Sirloin steak are sold as beef tips, but any cut of meat can have beef tips.
- You can also use pre-cut stew meat or choose your favorite cut of beef to use as well.
Looking For More Beef Recipes?
What to make with beef tips
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Herb Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- 3 pounds stew meat
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3-1/2tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. When hot, add half the beef and season them with garlic salt and fresh ground black pepper. Allow beef to sear and brown slightly on both sides, making sure not to cook through. Use a slotted spoon and transfer beef to the slow cooker. Add remaining oil to pan and repeat with the rest of the beef.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, dry onion soup mix, onions, mushrooms, garlic and more fresh ground pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until beef is fork tender.
- minutes before beef tips are done, combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to slow cooker. Stir and cover and let finish cooking.
- Once beef tips are done serve over warm garlic mashed potatoes.