Easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Are you looking for a cheesy, creamy, and delicious dinner idea? This Easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is going to be one of the most amazing mac and cheese recipes that your whole family will love.
Are you in love with your crock pot like I am? If so, you should definitely try this Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Potato soup, or The Best Slow Cooker Ribs, that are fall off the bone sensational. Or if you are looking for some fun finger food for holiday parties or tailgating ideas these Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Party Wings will be right up your ally.
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
What is it about Mac and Cheese that we all love? Is it the creamy texture, the fact that it is made with pasta? Or the best part of all, the cheese? I think it is a combination of all those things wrapped up into one giant pot of happiness. This Easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is a no fuss kind of meal. Perfect for anyone who wants to have a good meal waiting for them at the end of the day. But, one great thing about this homemade mac and cheese is that it won’t take all day to cook. Only a couple hours and your delicious dinner is done.
I am a huge advocate of the crock pot. So many amazing dinners, sides, and desserts can come from the use of a crock pot and this Mac and Cheese is a good example of that. Growing up during high school I would always have basketball games on Friday nights.
They were so much fun, and mac and cheese was always my post game meal every Friday night. Comfort food is the best and this Mac and Cheese brings back all those fun memories and I hope it will be a delicious option for you and your family and bring back happy memories or be the beginning of new ones.
What is macaroni and cheese?
- Macaroni, is a cooked little pasta noodle in a “c” shape that has a soft and chewy texture. Combine that with cheese, traditionally cheddar that is melted and forms a sauce and you have macaroni and cheese.
- Other ingredients can be added to your macaroni and cheese such as, vegetables, different meats, and even topped with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Traditionally macaroni and cheese is baked in the oven, but it can also be made in the crock pot and on the stove top in a saucepan.
Can you cook macaroni in a crock pot?
- Yes, however macaroni can get mushy if cooked too long in the crock pot, so make sure to check the macaroni about 30 minutes before it is done.
- Stir it to once during the cooking cycle and if it is done before the 2 hour mark, then shut it off and serve.
How do you make crock pot macaroni and cheese?
- Spray a 6qt crock pot lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in macaroni noodles.
- Place shredded cheddar cheese and diced velveeta cheese on top of noodles.
- In a large bowl mix together milk, evaporated milk, garlic salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour over the top the cheese and noodles. Melt butter and pour into crock pot. Mix everything together to combine and cook on low for 1.5 to 2 hours. Make sure to mix again about half way through.
Tips for making cheesy and creamy mac and cheese:
- Make sure to grate your own cheese. Grating your own cheese rather than using pre-shredded cheese will allow the cheese to melt much better and give you that creamy delicious texture.
- Make sure to stir all the ingredients once you have added them to the slow cooker so the pasta doesn’t sit on the bottom and burn or get mushy.
- Half way through the cooking time give the macaroni to combine the melted cheese and noodles.
- Using evaporated milk with provide the macaroni and cheese with its creamy base.
Looking for more Crock Pot recipes?
- Slow Cooker Broccoli and Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy
- Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- The Best Slow Cooker Baked Beans
If you like this recipe make sure to follow me:
Easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 2 ½ cups whole mile
- 2-12 oz cans evaporated milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 4.5 oz velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
Spray a 6qt crock pot lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in macaroni noodles.
Place shredded cheddar cheese, gruyere, and diced velveeta cheese on top of noodles.
In a large bowl mix together milk, evaporated milk, garlic salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour over the top the cheese and noodles. Melt butter and pour into crock pot. Mix everything together to combine and cook on low for 1.5 to 2 hours. Make sure to mix again about half way through.
Note: cook times may vary slightly depending on how your crock pot cooks.