Marinated Flank Steak
Marinated Flank Steak is absolutley delicious. It is so tender and juicy you will never want to make flank steak any other way again, and the marinade is actually the show stopper.
Marinated Flank Steak
is incredible! I think of steak and I often think of boring because you don’t really have to dress it up much, the grilled steak can hold it’s own, but this Marinated Flank Steak knocks delicious out of the park.
The marinade is simple and is best if you can marinade it over night and will be worth every mouthwatering bite. One of the great things about Flank Steak is it can feed more than two people and does not take long to grill at all.
When your grill is nice and hot, you can cook this up in 10 minutes and a little trick I like is after grilling it to set it under the broiler in your oven for about 4 minutes to get the marinade a little caramelized so as you bite into the steak the outside has a little sweetness to it and the inside is 100% tender and juicy.
How long do you have to marinade flank steak?
- Pour marinade over flank steak and cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, but 24 if possible. Making sure to flip the flank steak half way through the marinade time.
- 1 hour before grilling, remove flank steak from the refrigerator so it can come to room temperature. Reserve some of the marinade.
- Grill steak and using some of the reserved marinade, baste the steak as you grill.
How long do you cook flank steak for?
- Make sure to put marinated steak out 1 our before grilling, and when ready to grill get your gas grill up to 400 degrees.
- Grill on both sides about 6-7 minutes, basting with marinade as you go.
- Once grilled, place in oven to broil on high for abut 3-4 minutes
How do you cook flank steak in the oven?
If you don’t have a grill or weather is not conducive for grilling you can cook it in the oven.
- Trim off any fat with a knife.
- Marinate flank steak in plastic container or bag for up to 24 hours.
- Place your oven rack on the top rung and set your broil setting to high and let warm for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet with edges, with non-stick cooking spray and place flank steak on sheet. Broil for 6-7 minutes and then flip, using tongs and broil 6-7 minutes on the other side.
- Once done carve steak into thin slices and pour remaining marinade over the meat.
Looking for more Dinner ideas?
- Slow cooker beef tips with mushrooms
- Creamy garlic mushroom and parmesan chicken skillet
- Easy shrimp fried rice
- Better Than Takeout Cashew Chicken
- Creamy parmesan dijon chicken skillet
- 1-1/2-3 pounds Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup beef consomme (undiluted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce combined
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- ( to have extra for you can double the recipe)
- Combined all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, and then let cool.
- Place steak in a 9×13 glass dish or plastic container. Pierce steak multiple times with fork, flip and continue piercing. Once marinade is cooled reserve about 1/4 cup for basting, pour the rest over flank steak and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Take flank steak out of the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. Grill at 400 degrees until desired doneness, about 5-6 minutes each side.
- Once done, baste with some reserved sauce and place in oven on broil setting for about 4 minutes until slightly caramelized.
- Slice diagonally into thin slices.