Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet
Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet is an amazing combination of tangy, creamy and oh so cheesy. Every bite is bursting with flavor and is ready in 30 minutes.
Don’t think for one second if this Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet is going to be good or not, because it is amazing. Let me just talk a minute about this creamy parmesan sauce. It has the creaminess of warm melted butter and the best kick of flavor from the dijon mustard. It adds a little kick and a whole lot of goodness. I love to add garlic to almost any chicken dish I am making because it adds the best flavor without having to add in more salt, so if you are scared by all the garlic, don’t be. I promise it will be worth it.
I can’t tell you how often I cook chicken, more than I care to admit so finding ways to change things up can sometime be a challenge, but this Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet will be the perfect change you need to get the old love of chicken spark flaring again. I added mushrooms to my recipe, but you can add virtually any vegetable you like and it would taste amazing. Even adding some crumbled bacon on top would be delicious.
The best thing about making this Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet is that it is made in one pan, which makes for easy clean up, well that is the second best thing. The BEST thing is eating it! You can serve it with rice, pasta or something simple like green beans. So fall back in love with chicken and spice it up with this Creamy Parmesan Dijon Chicken Skillet.
- 5 chicken thighs with skin on
- 8 oz white mushroom, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 TBLS flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 3 TBLS Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet or frying pan, add chicken season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute until soft.
- Mix together the cream, chicken stock, mustard, and parmesan and pour into the pan.
- Whisk in flour and bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken back into the pan, and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over chicken and serve.