Brown Butter Pork Tenderloin
Brown Butter Pork Tenderloin is a moist, rich, and delicious skillet meal perfect to make any night of the week. Seared on both sides with a seasoned rub and then basted in a golden brown butter sauce the taste is sensational.
Skillet dinners are a perfect way to eat a savory meal with a short cooking time. A few of my favorites are One Pot Creamy Chicken Stroganoff, BBQ Chicken and Mashed Potato Skillet , which is loaded with creamy mashed potatoes and topped with BBQ chicken and cheese, and this Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata that is absolutley mouthwatering you have got to try it.
The brown butter sauce that dresses this Pork Tenderloin is truly sensational. It adds so much external flavor while pan searing the pork with the seasoned rub infuses the internal flavor. With all flavors working together, this Brown Butter Pork Tenderloin provides the most amazing easy dinner for your busy day. I think being able to make a quick and easy meal that will satisfy your appetite at the end of a day no matter what you have going on is essential.
Pork or “the other white meat” as it is often called often times plays second fiddle to chicken, but pork can seriously hold its own. This Pork Tenderloin showcases how easy a meal can be made from start to finish without sacrificing on flavor, taste, or texture, and searing it before it goes into the oven gives it a magnificent caramelized crust.
What is the main purpose for searing meat?
- When searing meat what you are doing is cooking the meat over a high temperature.
- Searing meat browns it or caramelizes it and gives it an outside crust.
- It also allows you to build flavor within the meat.
How do you cook pork tenderloin in the oven?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet and sear pork on all sides.
- Place skillet straight into the oven and cook pork for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy.
What is a pork tenderloin?
- Pork tenderloin is a long thin cut of meat.
- It is a lean cut of meat and is the most tender cut.
- It cooks up quickly in under 30 minutes.
What is brown butter sauce?
- Brown butter is essential a process used to cook unsalted butter. It is cooked over medium heat and stirred to over a period of 5-6 minutes. You will see the color turn to a light golden color once the butter is done cooking.
- It will have a nutty smell to it and has a nutty toasted flavor.
What sides go with Pork Tenderloin?
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Succotash
- Easy Avocado Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Butter Potatoes
- Parmesan Garlic Green Beans
How do you make brown butter pork tenderloin?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dap the pork off with a paper towel and mix garlic salt, garlic pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper and brown sugar together and rub all over pork.
- Place butter in a heavy skillet and melt. Add pork and sear on all sides approximately 1 minutes per side. Place skillet into oven and cook pork for 20 minutes. While roasting make brown butter sauce by combining unsalted butter, minced garlic, and brown sugar. Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take pork out of oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes. Baste with brown butter, slice and serve.
Brown Butter Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp butter
For the Rub:
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Brown Butter Sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 kiwis sliced for garnish optional