Cheesy Skillet Pizza
Pizza done right in your skillet, oh yes you can! This Cheesy Skillet Pizza will be a new family favorite. Loaded with all the good stuff pizza is made of with a fun dinner twist.
If you have ever tried to make your own homemade pizza crust and got frustrated or sick of getting the rolling pin out, the flour and having room to get it all rolled out well this should put a smile on your face! This Cheesy Skillet Pizza only requires unthawing some dinner rolls and cutting them slather on a little garlic butter and plopping them into the skillet. Easy peezy! This Cheesy Skillet Pizza is kind of like a pizza lasagna, since all you have to do is layer all your cheese and toppings to make a delicious home cooked pizza.
The topping options are endless and can really be personalized for your families favorites. I layered mine with pepperoni, sausage (for my husband) cheese (lots) and then topped it off with some fresh chopped green pepper and red pepper flakes once it came out of the oven. The flavor of the crust is so yummy and fun to pull apart and eat. You can even just share it right out of the skillet and scoop up all the creamy cheese that oozes out of the center of the pizza. So kick your pizza experience up a notch and make this super delicious Cheesy Skillet Pizza tonight!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (3/4 ounce) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup ground sausage
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a sauce pan melt butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes, until butter is melted. Cut each roll into thirds, roll each piece into a ball, dip into butter mixture and place along outer edge of a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, leaving center open. Keep stacking rolls loosely until you have used them all. Cover with a flour cloth and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake until dough balls begin to brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and begin layering the center with 1/2 of the pizza sauce, 1/2 of the pepperoni and sausage and 1/2 of the cheeses. Repeat the layers with remaining sauce, pepperoni and sausage, top with cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover loosely with foil and Bake until pizza is heated through and cheese is melted about 10 minutes. Top with fresh diced green peppers and basil and serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.