One Pot Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
One Pot Creamy Chicken Stroganoff is hands down the best chicken stroganoff I have had. It is so simple to make and only takes one pot to make it in. It is creamy and delicious and all things comfort for dinner tonight!
is a great way to change the traditional stroganoff up. This Chicken Stroganoff is a hearty meal that would be perfect for dinner any night of the week. It only takes 30 minutes and would pair perfectly with some nice warm rolls or sourdough bread to ensure you soak up every last bite. Did I mention it all gets made in ONE pot? I don’t know about you, but that is music to my ears!
How Do You Make Chicken Stroganoff?
- Cook Egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In a 12 inch skillet melt 1 Tablespoon butter over medium-high heat and add diced chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink about 7 minutes, remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet melt an additional Tablespoon of butter and saute mushrooms and onions about 5 minutes until onions are soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper
- reduce heat to medium and add chicken and broth and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream until well mixed and heated.
- Add in 3 cups cooked egg noodles and mix until combined.
What Is The Best Cut of Meat For Beef Stroganoff?
If you are looking to make beef stroganoff you can follow this recipe but substitute Beef for the chicken.
- Beef Tenderloin or Top Sirloin, cut thin into 1-inch wide by 2 1/2-inch long strips are the best beef options for stroganoff.
Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips
- 2 packages (8 oz each) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups frozen egg noodles
- Cook frozen egg noodles according to package directions. ( you will need 3 cups or more if desired)
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken to a plate.
- In same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add garlic, mushrooms, and onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the chicken and broth and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream and mix to blend. Add in cooked egg noodles and combined.