Herb Compound Butter
Herb Compound Butter with garlic is simply the most creamy and flavorful butter you will experience. It turns butter into something even better!
Is it possible to get any better than butter? YES! Herb Compound Butter with garlic just took butter to the next level. It seriously is amazing, and by adding a few simple fresh ingredients like garlic, rosemary and thyme this compound butter sensational. I love to make simple things that don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen, but of course I want them to turn out, taste amazing, and have very little clean up.. Wow, that’s a lot to ask, but this Herb Compound Butter checks off each one of those items. It is quick, requires 4 basic ingredients, and has minimal clean up!
The beauty behind compound butter is you can make all different kinds of recipes. You can use herbs that you enjoy such as chives, dill, basil, tarragon, oregano, etc. I like garlic, rosemary, and thyme because they compliment so many varieties of food and my husband loves it on his steak and fresh sough dough bread. It’s also perfect for sautéing vegetables, shrimp, or adding to your pasta.
What is compound butter?
- Compound butter is to enhance the flavors of food, similar to that of a sauce. It can be made at home and you can add herbs, spices, and aromatic liquids to them to enhance the different dishes you make.
How do you make Compound Butter?
- In a medium sized bowl, add softened butter, chopped rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
- Mix until combined and in a piece of parchment paper add butter and roll into a cylinder shape.
- Twist the ends of the parchment paper until sealed tightly at each end.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
How long will compound butter keep in the refrigerator?
- Compound butter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I would keep it wrapped in parchment paper/saran wrap and/or place it in an airtight container. You don’t want the butter to start tasting like other foods in your refrigerator.
- You can also freeze compound butter for up to 6 months. I would again wrap it, but in saran wrap and then place it in an airtight container or bag.
- You can cut the compound butter into smaller pieces too, so when you want to use some you don’t have to pull out the entire thing, you can use what you need.
How long does it take to thaw out butter?
- You can thaw it out a couple ways: 1) you can thaw it out in the refrigerator and it will take around 6-7 hours to thaw completely.
- It can be thawed out at room temperature in 3-4 hours.
- If you are in a hurry, you can place the butter in an airtight plastic/ziplock bag and submerge it under cold water. The butter will thaw in about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Re-freezing the butter is not recommended because it will start to loose its flavor.
Herb compound butter truly is the “better” butter, you will love it with just about anything!
Are you looking for more recipes with garlic butter?
Here are a few:
- Garlic butter roasted potatoes
- Garlic butter shrimp scampi
- Garlic butter shrimp
- Garlic butter smashed potatoes
- Garlic butter mushrooms
Herb Compound Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons minced thyme
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- Parchment paper
- Combine the butter, rosemary, thyme and garlic in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a sheet of parchment paper, place the butter mixture in the middle at one end.
- Roll into a cylinder shape and twist off each end to seal tightly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm.