Garlic Butter Lobster Tails
The Easiest recipe for broiled lobster tails! Garlic Butter Broiled Lobster Tails are amazing. Dripping with melted butter and seasoned with garlic salt and lemon, you are on your way to lobster bliss. You will love this broiled lobster tail recipe.
These Garlic Butter Broiled Lobster Tails will go perfect with any steak or other seafood. Try them with a RIB EYE STEAK, HAMBURGER STEAK, FILET MIGNON, or even BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS!
Garlic Butter Broiled Lobster Tails
Ok, I don’t know about you, but when it comes to lobster I fall in love and this Garlic Butter Lobster Tail recipe is going to blow your mind. Not just because it is amazingly delicious and bursting with flavor, but it seriously only take 8 minutes to make. In 8 minutes you can have the most mouthwatering, tender and dripping with hot melted butter restaurant quality lobster tails ever. I kid you not, you should get a tip from whomever you make these Garlic Butter Lobster Tails for. In a hurry, scroll down to see this broiled lobster tail recipe! Don’t like backed, feel free to fire up the grill and and turn this into a grilled lobster tail recipe.
How to cook lobster tails?
Set your oven to high on the broiler setting.
Place your lobster tails about an inch apart on a baking sheet.
Cut the shells lengthwise with kitchen shears and expose the meat by pulling it up and separating it from the shell, then rest the meat over the outside of the shell.
Season with lemon juice, garlic salt, and melted butter.
Broil on high for 5-8 minutes. Garnish with more butter.
Serve Broiled Lobster Tails / Baked Lobster Tail
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty, because you will need to get in there and expose all that soft and juicy lobster meat. Once you have the meat out on top of the shell you can add the simplest of ingredients to maximize the flavors of these lobster tails. In the oven they go and out goes a little bit of food heaven. Bright red lobster tails with perfectly broiled or baked lobster meat waiting for you to dip in hot melted butter and enjoy. Seriously that is all there is to it!
How do you devein a lobster tail?
Deveining a lobster tail is not hard it just takes a moment to get the meat exposed, but is very easy to do.
- First, place the lobster flat side down on a baking sheet. Pick the lobster up with the flat side down in your hand.
- Second, take a sharp pair of kitchen shears and cut lengthwise down the the harder more rounded side of the shell to butterfly the lobster.
- Third, with your hands spread the shell apart to really open it up, it may crack and pieces of the shell my break slightly but that is ok.
- Lastly, using your hands grip the lobster meat and pull up on it all the way down to the base of the tail until the meat is separated from the bottom. Place the meat back over the outside of the shell.
Every ounce of these Garlic Butter Broiled Lobster Tails is going to be enjoyed by you and someone you really, really love. Don’t be afraid to make this on your own, I promise if I can do it, you can do it. The lobster tail recipe is simple, but the taste is sensational. Continue reading for the recipe for baked lobster tails. Oh, and if you enjoy lobster, you will love some of these other seafood recipes and lobster recipes.
Looking for more seafood recipes?
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Herb Garlic Butter Surf and Turf
- Garlic Butter Surf and Turf Skillet
- Coconut Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Tomato Shrimp Pasta
- Lobster Fried Rice
Garlic Butter Lobster Tails
Garlic Butter Lobster Tails are amazing. Dripping with melted butter and seasoned with garlic salt and lemon, you are on your way to lobster bliss.
- 4 Lobster tails (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 Tablespoons melted Butter compound, or 4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Juice of one lemon, plus one for serving
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Place lobster tails on a rimmed baking sheet and cut lengthwise with kitchen shears to butterfly and expose lobster meat. Lay the exposed meat over the top of the lobster shell.
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic, stir to combine.
- Season lobster with lemon juice, garlic salt and melted butter.
- Broil on high for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with more melted butter and serve with melted butter for dipping and a lemon wedge.
287 Calories/per serving.
One serving is one lobster tail.
- To butterfly the lobster and expose the meat, cut the lobster lengthwise along the rounded side to the base of the tail.
- Pull the shell apart to expose the lobster meat.
- Reach in with your hands and separate the meat from the bottom portion of the lobster and pull up on the meat all the way to the base of the tail.
- Once all the meat exposed, push the shell back together and place the lobster meat over the top of it.
Can’t wait to try this recipe I am concerned with the range of time to broil. How would we know if it is five minutes or more? Does it go by the size? I would hate to overcook lobster tails.
So I cooked mine for 8 minutes, but some ovens may run hotter or cooler. You want the meat to be opaque and the shell will get bright red. I would recommend putting it in for 6 minutes and checking it, but it will probably be done! Let me know.
I used 3oz tails cooked for 5 minutes close to top of oven. Turned out perfect….
Looks delicious, but seems difficult to make.
This recipe is one of the simplest recipes you will ever make. Literally you just remove the lobster meat, butter it and broil for 5-8 minutes and your done!
How much lemon juice, garlic and butter do you use?
I am so sorry, I can’t believe I forgot to add the recipe. It is all on there now!! Thank you for asking.
how is the butter dipping sauce from the same melted butter you used to season and garnish or did you need to make more
It is from the same sauce I used to cook the lobster, but if you need to make more you can absolutley do that.
Which oven rack do I use to broil…middle or top? Can’t wait to make this!
I used the top rack, I hope you enjoy them 🙂
How much did these lobsters weigh?
5 ounces 🙂
What is the top garnish?
It is chopped thyme and rosemary herbs.
Do you know what the calorie content is?
There are 287 per lobster tail. 🙂
I have made lobster tails like these for years – since I learned from the Supper Club I waitress-ed at when I was in high school. They are amazingly easy to make (toughest part is cutting through shell with scissors) and so delicious… they come out perfectly every time. AND, they make a beautiful presentation with those beautiful red shells underneath.
My husband does not like garlic – so I make his without, but I make mine with. PERFECT, every time!
HAHA your right, the hardest part is cutting through those shells!
How many ounces are these lobster tails?
there are 287 calories per lobster tail.
She used 5oz but works for 3 oz.
It appears you used a few scallions with the herbs as well…
Hi, i’m no cook, as my husband does 99% of the cooking in my house, so i try things out when i do cook and with the exception of octopusn I pretty much love seafood and this recipe is one iiam going to try only i don’t know what broiling is.
Broiling is a setting on your oven that cooks something very fast with little time involved. Usually you can set your broil temperature to low or high broil. For these lobster you want it on high broil
Have you ever tried brushing the lobsters with the melted butter and using lime juice instead of lemon? Then use a lemon butter sauce for the dipping of the broiled lobster.
Please don’t wreck your lobster with garlic salt or garlic powder!
Just take a few minutes to chop or mince real garlic and saute it in oil and butter (without burning it). It will be worth the time and effort.
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it, but I liked it the way I made it, but will definitely have to try that sometime.
Ewwwww & Nasty? Come on now! You know better than to say that about someone’s food. If you don’t like her suggestions, that’s fine, but leave the theatrics behind.
I appreciate that Anisha! 🙂
Looks so good but I am confused about numbers 3and 4 in the directions. Is the melted butter with the minced garlic what you are using for the dipping butter?
It is also used to baste the lobster before you broil it. If you don’t want too do it that way you can just use it for dipping sauce.
I never made lobster tails. Can’t wait to try these. Maybe with a little steak, surf and turf. Neither is my husband’s favorite, but he’s getting them. I love both.
These looks so good! Never knew cooking lobster could be so easy. Thanks for the tips
Lobster is so easy and delicious to make
Nice Post. Thanks!
Can you use Ghee instead of so you don’t have milk solids in your dipping sauce?