Easy Cheese Ball
Creamy and delicious bite after bite, this Easy Cheese Ball recipe is sure to be a hit for any occasion.
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
The famous cheese ball! You see it and I am sure taste it at any party or special occasion. It is the one staple appetizer that always makes an appearance, but only for a short period of time because it is always the first thing to go. This Easy Cheese Ball simply is one of my favorite things to bring to a party, because I know I won’t have any left overs, it is that good. Cheese makes everyone happy and there is just something about shaping it into a nice round ball that says “come eat me!”
This Cheese Ball has been around for as long as I can remember and has never let me down. It is so creamy and flavorful it really is hard to walk away from once you start eating it. I like to make it the day before so the flavors have a chance to really infuse with each other and then I take it out of the refrigerator about 1 hour before I serve it so it is nice and soft. No breaking your crackers on a hard cheese ball. So remember, the Easy Cheese Ball the next time you need to bring a little something extra special, it won’t disappoint.
How do you make a cream cheese ball?
- Combine softened cream cheese, chopped green onion, chipped beef, mayonnaise style salad dressing, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- Cream together until combined.
- Shape into a large ball and roll in chopped walnuts.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Pull out of refrigerator 1 hour before serving to let it soften up a bit.
How Can you soften cream cheese?
- If you don’t have time to leave your cream cheese out to soften you can place completely unwrapped cream cheese on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 10 seconds, just until cream cheese is softened.
Can you freeze a cheese ball?
- Yes. Wrap your cheese ball in saran wrap, tightly. Then proceed to wrap it again with foil. Place in your freezer for up to 2 months.
How long can you keep a cheese ball in the refrigerator?
- If you keep your cheese ball wrapped in saran wrap and in an airtight container, it will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Any longer than that I wouldn’t suggest doing.
What is Chipped Beef?
- Chipped Beef is often sold packaged in small jars, cans or in pouches that you will find hanging in the deli meat chiller sections at the grocery stores. You may not find it labeled as “Chipped Beef”: sometimes it is labelled “dried beef”, sometimes it may be described as “smoked, sliced, chopped, pressed, or cooked beef.”
- The brand I find is most common in grocery stores is Buddig
- It is generally called Buddig Beef.
Looking for more easy recipes?
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Cheesy Chili Dog Skillet
- Sheet Pan Beef Nachos
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Triple Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Easy Cheese Ball
- 2-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons of green onion, chopped
- 2- 2oz packages of Chipped (dried) beef Buddig
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise style salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except chopped nuts, in a large bowl and cream together.
- Shape into a ball and roll in chopped nuts, using your hands to press in any loose nuts.
- Place in an airtight container and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
- When getting ready to serve, take out of the refrigerator an hour before to let the cheese ball soften.
Kyla ParkerAll images and text © .