Curried Egg Salad Recipe
Never eat a boring sandwich or salad again, this Curried Egg Salad Recipe is creamy and delicious from beginning to end and isn’t made with mayonnaise. Every bite speaks for itself.
If you are in the mood for creamy and dreamy salad and/or sandwich ideas you should definitely try my Creamy Grape Salad that is a huge crowd pleaser, or this Thai Chicken Salad that comes together quickly and is amazing on toasted flat bread, or if you are looking for a twist on a classic sandwich you will love this Grilled Cheese Tomato Soup Sandwich.
Curried Egg Salad
When it comes to egg salad sometimes it can fall short of flavor, but this Curried Egg Salad Recipe will definitely speak for itself with the bold and delicious flavors of curry and bacon all mixed into a creamy egg salad. This egg salad makes for a perfect light lunch or simple finger food served on crusty sourdough bread. Taking only 10 minutes to make, this Curried Egg Salad will be a creamy, sensational salad you can enjoy all year round.
One quick trick to making this Curried Egg Salad Recipe is to use eggs that have already been hard boiled and are ready for chopping but, by all means if you are a master at hard boiled eggs you can most definitely make your own. I haven’t perfected the science yet so I buy Egg Lands Best hard cooked eggs that are cooked and peeled for me. For this egg salad recipe I like to keep it a little chunkier, that way you can serve it as a salad on its own, spread a healthy amount on a sandwich or serve it as a side.
What is curry powder?
- Curry is a mix of spices like coriander, turmeric, saffron, cumin and more that is ground up and used in stews, salads, soups, sauces, rice and anything else you would like.
How do you boil eggs for egg salad?
- Place eggs in a saucepan and then cover eggs with cold water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil and then remove from the heat. Do not leave on the stove to boil.
- Keep the eggs in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs for the hot water. Crack shells slightly and then place them in ice water to cool down. Once cool, peel and chop for salad.
What do you put in your egg salad?
- Hard boiled eggs
- Diced red onion
- Chopped celery
- Bacon crumbles
- Diced avocados
- Curry powder
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt
How long will egg salad stay fresh?
- Egg salad cannot be left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. Bacteria will begin to grow, causing the need for it to be thrown away.
- If stored in an airtight container, egg salad can last 3-4 days.
Can you make egg salad in advance?
- Yes. If you want to make egg salad a day ahead to save on time and preparation make sure to keep it in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can also leave the greek yogurt out until the day you are going to serve it, to prevent it from getting watery. When you are ready to serve add the yogurt and mix well to combine.
Is egg salad high in protein?
- Most of the time you see egg salad recipes made with mayonnaise which does not add to the protein value of egg salad.
- By using plain greek yogurt you will get added protein along with the egg themselves for a good source of protein in each serving.
- Greek yogurt is low in calories helping to keep the overall calorie count down.
- The other ingredients you choose to add in will be the factor that increases the calories when preparing egg salad if you use greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
This Curried Egg Salad Recipe is an amazing option for lunch or to serve as mini sandwiches for a picnic, potluck, or as delicious finger good when watching a big game. Add all the things your family loves or keep it simple, either way the curry will add such great flavor and will spice up your otherwise boring egg salad.
Looking for more finger food or potluck ideas?
- Coconut Shrimp
- Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Sheet Pan Beef Nachos
- Beer Battered Onion Rings
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Cheese Ball
Curried Egg Salad Recipe
- 8 hard boiled eggs chopped (I used egg lands best eggs already hard boiled)
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 4 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled, reserve 1 tbsp for garnish
- 2 tbsp diced chives more for garnish
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup avocado diced
- whole wheat or bread of choice