Cilantro Lime Shrimp in Adobo Sauce
Cilantro Lime Shrimp in Adobo Sauce has this great smoky and spicy flavor that seasons the shrimp perfectly. This is an amazing appetizer that will get your tastebuds and party started right.
I love to serve shrimp up as a side or appetizer when I have family and friends over. It is the perfect way to get your party started, and is a delicious finger food. If you like serving up fun finger foods you should also try these Beer Battered Onion Rings, perfect for football season or the Easy Cheese Ball, you can never go wrong with a cheese ball, the Sheet Pan Beef Nachos are always a big hit.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
This Cilantro Lime Shrimp can be served so many ways, but I love to serve it as an appetizer or if I want to turn it into the main course I will serve it along side white rice. The adobe sauce definietly has a kick to it and adds a “wow” to the shrimp and your tastebuds. It has this rich bold color and slightly smoky flavor that almost seems like you used the BBQ to cook the shrimp without really using it.
Making a bold statement with your food and appetizer I think gets people into a happy state of mind and encourages them to keep eating. Which, if you have made a ton of food is the key to not having left overs. And if you are not a huge fan of the spicy flavor adobe sauce has but want to make a shrimp side or appetizer these Garlic Butter Shrimp are a fantastic option.
What is Adobe Sauce?
- Adobo sauce is a spicy marinade that contains chili peppers, garlic, vinegar and spices often used in Mexican dishes.
What kind of peppers are found in Adobo Sauce?
- Chipotle peppers are the most common pepper found in adobo sauce.
- These peppers are smoked and dried, giving the adobo sauce an enhanced smoky and spicy flavor.
How do you make Adobo Sauce?
- In a food processor add adobe chilies with sauce, a can of diced tomatoes, and garlic.
- Pulse on high until smooth.
- Add to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add to shrimp, chicken, shredded pork or fish.
How do you cook shrimp in a skillet?
- In a large bowl add shrimp, old bay seasoning, garlic salt, and garlic pepper.
- Mix well to combine, coating the shrimp.
- In a cast iron skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 stirring to cook both sides. Cook until lightly opaque and the edges are golden brown.
What kind of sauce goes with shrimp?
- Adobo sauce ←
- Cocktail sauce
- Mango chutney
- Pesto sauce
- Garlic butter
- Lemon butter
- Fresh salsa
What kind of food goes with shrimp?
- Surf and turf
Shrimp is such a fun and yummy side, appetizer or main course that can be prepared in so many ways. This Cilantro Lime Shrimp in Adobo Sauce is a huge favorite in our family and was served right with some white rice and garnished with fresh cut limes slices. How will you serve yours?
Cilantro Lime Shrimp in Adobo Sauce
- 1 LB shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp garlic pepper
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 15oz can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- juice from one lime
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Cilantro and fresh lime slices to garnish
For the Shrimp:
Add the shrimp, old bay seasoning, garlic salt, and garlic pepper to a large bowl and toss to coat. In a 10inch cast iron skillet add butter and let melt over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes turning to cook both sides. Cook until lightly opaque and the edges are brown. Remove from heat.
For the Adobo Sauce:
In a food processor add chipotle peppers with sauce, diced tomatoes, lime juice, and garlic. Pulse on high until smooth. Pour into skillet over shrimp and mix to combine. Heat over the skillet until sauce is warm and serve. Garnish with fresh cilantro and fresh lime slices