The Best Sugar Cookies
These are The Best Sugar Cookies and a Holiday favorite. Soft on the inside with a little crunch on the outside, no chilling required. Just roll, cut, and bake to pure enjoyment.
These are the best no chill sugar cookies that are so easy to make you will use this recipe over and over know matter what the holiday or occasion. The key ingredient to these sugar cookies recipe is that they are made with sour cream, which makes them soft and chewy on the inside with just the perfect crips texture right around the edges.
Decorate these sugar cookies any way you like, but dipping them in chocolate is one of my families favorite ways to eat them.
Time and time again I get asked for my sugar cookie recipe because of how delicious they are and how simple the recipe is plus, not having to wait for the dough to chill makes the cookie making process faster so you can start to decorate and eat them sooner.
How do you make sugar cookies?
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and one egg (unbeaten).
- Add the dry ingredients and 1/2 cup sour cream to the creamed ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Form the sugar cookie dough into a ball and roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut out dough with cookie cutters.
- Place sugar cookie cut outs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
How do you decorate sugar cookies?
- Once sugar cookies are cool, place dark chocolate and white chocolate melts in two separate microwave safe bowls. Melt in the microwave 1 minute increments, stirring at each increment until smooth. Dip half the sugar cookie in chocolate and decorate with your favorite holiday candies. Let chocolate harden about 5 minutes and serve
How long do sugar cookies last?
Store sugar cookies in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to three weeks.
Can you freeze sugar cookies?
- Yes you can freeze sugar cookies. Line an airtight container with parchment paper and stack the cookies on top. Fold parchment paper over the top layer of the cookies and seal with a lid. Sugar cookies will keep in the freezer for up to 12 months.
These simple sugar cookies are perfect to make for family, friends, and neighbors and can be decorated anyway you like. We also like to make candy bar fudge and rocky road fudge to spread some sweet Holiday cheer.
So bring out the best in your Holiday cookie season and whip up a batch of these decorated sugar cookies for all the cookie monsters in your life.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes? I have some you should definitely try.
- Peppermint patty stuffed brownies
- White chocolate chex mix
- Triple chip caramel brownies
- The best Texas sheet cake
If you like this recipe please follow and share on:
The Best Sugar Cookies
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg unbeaten
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- Dark and white chocolate candy coating
- Favorite candy toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add sour cream and half of the dry ingredients. Mix for 1 minute. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out sugar cookies. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave in one minute increments, mixing between each increment until melted and smooth. Dip half the sugar cookie into the chocolate and lay on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with favorite toppings and let set for 5 minutes then serve.