Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is done in just 30 minutes and has the makings of side dish magic. Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese, diced thick cut bacon, and broccoli florets, your guest will have this eaten before you have time to sit down.
Casseroles can be great side dishes or beefed up to be delicious main dishes. This sweet potato casserole is a perfect side dish during the holidays or for everyday eating try, cheesy chicken and rice or sloppy joe cornbread casseroles make great dinner options.
Let’s be honest, cheese and bacon added to almost anything taste amazing, so this cheesy broccoli casserole topped with crispy bacon makes this the perfect side dish for all your holiday meals. Not only does this broccoli casserole taste sensational it is also low carb, but no one will ever know with it layers of tender yet crips broccoli florets and 3 kinds of cheese melted to maintain all the cheesiness you can handle.
How do you make broccoli cheese casserole?
- In a large skillet cook chopped bacon until crisp, set aside and reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon grease in skillet.
- Add in broccoli and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes until broccoli has turned bright green. Add in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and stir to combine, then pour the bacon back into the skillet along with 1 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper, and stir.
- Pour broccoli mixture into an oven safe casserole dish, add in heavy cream and mix. Add half the cheese and mix in with broccoli mixture then top with remaining cheese. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and broccoli is tender.
Cheesy broccoli casserole is low carb and perfect for anyone who may be on a keto or low carb meal plan, but it does not compromise the flavor, taste, or cheesy deliciousness for one second. No matter if you are on a restricted nutritional plan or not, this easy broccoli casserole will be one side dish everyone will love.
The key to its amazing flavor is sautéing the broccoli in the bacon grease instead of adding butter. It gives the entire broccoli casserole so much flavor not to mention the combination of Parmesan, muenster, and colby cheeses that is sensational.
What meat goes with broccoli casserole?
When you are thinking about what to serve perhaps as your main course along side this broccoli and cheese casserole just ask yourself “what type of meat does my family love?” Broccoli, cheese, and bacon can go with just about anything so if you are grilling steaks or chicken, baking a ham or pot roast, or serving a huge turkey dinner for family and friends, this easy broccoli cheese casserole will be perfect.
Can broccoli casserole be frozen?
Yes! Simply freeze it in a freezer safe container, tightly wrapped and sealed.
Can you eat broccoli on keto?
Yes, broccoli is a great option when on a keto diet and this cheesy broccoli casserole will be loaded with rich delicious flavors to enjoy wether you are on a keto plan or not.
So don’t hesitate, dive right in to all this cheesy goodness. A simple and easy broccoli casserole that will take 20 minutes to make, and 20 seconds to devour. Your guest will love you for it.
Are you in need of more side dish recipes? Then keep reading and try one of these:
- Creamy grape salad
- Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts
- Garlic butter roasted mushrooms
- Garlic butter smashed potatoes
If you like this recipe please follow and share on:
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 pieces of thick cut bacon chopped and cooked
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Colby cheese divided
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups grated Muenster cheese divided
- Fresh chopped green onion and sage for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a large skillet cook chopped bacon until crisp, set aside and reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon grease in skillet.
Add in broccoli and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes until broccoli has turned bright green. Add in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and stir to combine, then pour the bacon back into the skillet along with 1-teaspoon garlic salt and pepper, and stir.
Pour broccoli mixture into an oven safe casserole dish; add in heavy cream and mix. Add half the cheese and mix in with broccoli mixture then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and broccoli is tender. Garish with chopped green onion and fresh cut sage.