Skillet Lasagna is just about the best way to make one of best comfort foods there is. Everything goes into one skillet and in 30 minutes you have a warm and cheesy lasagna for your entire family to enjoy.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
makes dinner time so much easier. Not only do you get to cook everything in one pan, you don’t even have to cook the noodles first. They can go right in the skillet uncooked and will come out perfect. Skillet Lasagna is hands down, the easiest lasagna and most delicious lasagna’s I have made. It is packed full of every bit of goodness you would find in a traditionally made lasagna, but it takes half the time.
How Do I Make An Easy Lasagna?
- In a large measuring cup add the marinara sauce and water, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat and saute onions and garlic, for about 3 minutes. Add in garlic salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and stir until combined.
- Add in 1 pound ground sausage and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Layer 8 broken lasagna noodles on top of sausage mixture and gently pour the marinara sauce over the top. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium so the sauce bubbles to cook noodles, about 20 minutes.
- Once noodles are soft, stir and drop 5 large spoonfuls of ricotta cheese onto lasagna. Stir to mix slightly, then add the torn mozzarella over the top. Cover with a lid to melt cheese.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese and basil to garnish.
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 36 oz favorite Marinara sauce ( you will need 2 jars )
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 8 whole Lasagna Noodles, broken into thirds
- 1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces Fresh Mozzarella, sliced thin
- Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- Shaved Parmesan
- In a large measuring bowl add marinara sauce and water, set aside.
- In a large 12 inch skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the onion and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes. Measure in the garlic salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until combined.
- Add in sausage, and cook, stirring occasionally until browned and fully cooked.
- Layer the broken lasagna noodles on top of the ground sausage mixture and gently pour the marinara sauce over the top. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low.
- Let the sauce bubble to cook the noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked, about 20 minutes, give it a good stir and then drop 5 large spoonfuls of ricotta cheese onto the lasagna. Give it a stir to slightly incorporated ricotta cheese.
- Scatter sliced pieces of the fresh mozzarella over top, cover with a lid and let the steam melt the cheese. About 5 minutes.
- Serve with freshly torn basil and shaved Parmesan.