Oatmeal protein is the perfect way to start your morning. Packed full of rolled oats, fruit and protein powder, breakfast is what’s for dinner.
Oatmeal is a great option to add in to your life to consume more whole grains and by adding a little or a lot of protein to it, you have one powerful breakfast to start your day.
You can kick up the protein for this oatmeal in so many different ways. You can add plant based, gluten free, or animal proteins if you have certain dietary restrictions.
Oatmeal protein will get you ready to conquer your day and can be made quickly and easily.
How much protein in oatmeal?
For every cup of oatmeal there are 6 grams of protein.
What can I add to oatmeal for protein?
Other protein options to add to or mix with your protein oatmeal are:
- cook your oatmeal in milk that contains a high amount of protein, or a low sugar pre-made protein shake such as Premier protein.
- Add in flax seed, chia seeds, slivered almonds
- mix in cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or kefir
- all natural peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter.
- protein powder
- egg whites
Can you mix protein powder with oatmeal?
Yes. You can add the protein powder of your choice and dietary needs directly to your oatmeal. You don’t have to mix it with water or milk first. Simply cook your oatmeal and add it in and mix to combine.
Can you add oats to a protein shake?
If you prefer to drink your oats to provide yourself with a good source of carbohydrates you can add them directly to your protein shake, no need to cook them first.
How good is oatmeal for the body?
Oatmeal is a gluten free grain that is one of the healthiest grains to eat. They are packed full of fiber, antioxidants, and minerals and studies have shown they help reduce blood sugar levels and risk of heart disease.
Adding oatmeal protein to your morning breakfast routine will give you the energy you need to get your day up and running.
Looking for more ways to incorporate protein into your meals?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup water or high protein milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Sliced strawberries and kiwis
- 2 tbsp. chopped sliced almonds
- Using a microwave safe bowl place oats and water or milk into bowl and mix. Cook on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Let sit for a minute so liquid is all absorbed.
- Add cinnamon, protein powder, chocolate chips, greek yogurt, sliced almonds, and sliced fruit to bowl and enjoy.