Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes
Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes is a hearty delicious meal that is full of creamy bold flavor. The potatoes are the perfect compliment to the tender and crispy chicken all made in one skillet.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
has so much going on you will love every bite. There is nothing better than creamy goodness packed full of flavor and perfectly roasted chicken with a crisp outer layer and moist and juicy inside. The addition of spinach and sun dried tomatoes really gives this meal an amazing tuscan flare.
I can’t help but be excited about chicken, potatoes, creamy garlic sauce all in one amazing combination. Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes is a wonderful addition to any family dinner night and there are no complicated ingredients or tricks, just good ole fashion home cooking.
How Do you Make Good Chicken?
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet at medium high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, garlic salt, and pepper and place skin side down in skillet.
- Cook chicken for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place chicken in a 400 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
How Do you Make Baked Chicken?
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat chicken with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken with garlic salt, pepper, and Lowry’s seasoning.
- Spray a sheet pan with a little non-stick cooking spray and place chicken on the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until no longer pink and juices run clear.
How do you make skillet potatoes?
- Cut potatoes into 1-1-1/2 in pieces
- Place 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium high skillet and add potatoes
- Season and stir often until potatoes are soft and golden brown on the outside, about 10 minutes.
Looking for more Chicken Recipes:
- One Pot Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- Blue Cheese Buffalo Wings with Bacon
- Sheet Pan Roasted garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables
- 4 large chicken thighs (bone-in & skin-on)
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 c. frozen chopped spinach
- ⅓ c. sun dried tomatoes
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- For the sauce:
- ¼ c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1¼ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley (or 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley)
- ¼ tsp.garlic salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- ½ c. half and half or heavy cream
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, garlic salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add in the spinach and cook until heated, about 2 minutes and reduce heat to simmer.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a sauce pan and add the garlic. Cook about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, parsley, salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, whisk in the half and half and parmesan. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken in the skillet, then top with sun-dried tomatoes. Pour the sauce over top.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.