Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables
It won’t take you long to realize how rich and delicious this Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables is and how simple it is to make.
This Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken and Vegetables is all you need for dinner. It is full and I mean screaming with flavor and the chicken comes out so juicy and tender it is ridiculous. It’s almost like chicken soup with the way the vegetables and potatoes soften up and make the perfect pairing to the roasted garlic chicken. You could definitely serve this by alone or with some warm gooey rolls to dip in the amazing juices.
I wish you could smell this right now! It is so aromatic while it is cooking and as you take it out of the over the fragrant smells just bellows out from the oven. The marinade for this Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables is a little sweet and tangy with a punch, but it all makes for one delicious bite after the next. I love the whole mustard seeds too, they are just an added little pop of flavor to every bite. The juice that is left from the marinade and roasting the chicken is so buttery and rich it just adds the perfect texture to the entire meal.
So when you need a good home cooked meal served hot and hearty, make this Sheet Pan Roasted Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables and let the magic happen.
- For the Marinade:
- Juice and Zest from 1 large lemon
- Juice and zest from 1 sweet orange
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup whole mustard seeds ( you can use ground if you prefer)
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- For the Chicken, Potatoes, and Vegetables
- 4 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and legs
- 8 whole cloves of garlic
- 8 baby purple potatoes, or red potatoes cut in half
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced thick
- 1 large onion cut into thick pieces
- Garnish: freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 with rack in middle position
- Prepare Marinade: In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
- Towel-dry the chicken pieces, so marinade will soak in. Place chicken in the bowl with marinade, and mix to coat well. Add potatoes, carrots, garlic cloves and onion; mix to coat. Cover tightly and place in fridge to marinade for 24 hours.
- Transfer chicken marinade mixture onto a large rimmed sheet pan, laying everything in a single layer.
- Roast 50-60 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Serve warm.