Avocado Toast with Egg
Sunny side up just got even better with this amazing Avocado Toast With Egg. It will satisfy you for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Avocado Toast with Egg
OMG! This is definitely a healthy and easy avocado toast breakfast, that can also be eaten for lunch and dinner. Although simple, it will satisfy your hunger. You will love the combination of flavors from the creamy avocado, to the bold pico de gallo, and of course the fried egg all nestled on a toasted piece of whole wheat toast.This avocado toast recipe with egg is a great pre or post workout meal or just what you need as a mid afternoon snack to give you a boost of energy to make it through the rest of your day. Packed full of healthy fasts and protein you can’t go wrong.
What is avocado toast?
- Avocado toast is a type of toast or sandwich that is open and topped with creamy mashed avocados, a fried egg seasoned with salt and pepper and fresh pico de gallo.
How Do You Make Avocado Toast?
- Cut the Avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado, but leave some texture to it and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread of choice and place mashed avocado on top, and garnish with salsa/pico de gallo or fry an egg and add it on top of the avocado.
How Do you Fry an Egg?
- For an over easy egg, place a small amount of butter in fry pan on medium high heat and swirl to coat the pan as it melts. Crack an egg and gently place into fry pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and fry egg until the whites are solid and a little brown around the edges and the yolk begins to thicken, but not harden.
What to put on avocado toast?
- Salmon lox
- Hot sauce/salsa
- Salt and pepper
Is Avocado toast good for you?
- Avocados are a good source of omega-3 fatty acid, they are low in sugar, contain many vitamins and minerals and are high in fiber which keeps you feeling full longer.
So if you are looking to have breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast, fry up a few eggs, mash up an avocado and toss it on a toasted piece of bread, and make the best avocado toast you will ever have.
Avocado Toast With Egg
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4- large eggs
- 2- peeled ripe avocados mashed
- 4- 1-ounce slices hearty whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/4- teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4- teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2- cup refrigerated fresh salsa or pico de gallo