Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are the perfect party appetizer loaded with seasoned shredded chicken, melted cheese, red onions, jalapeños, bacon and more. This party pleaser is topped off with Crema Mexicana mixed with ranch seasoning and served up hot and ready to enjoy.
Simple and delicious appetizers are perfect all year long and can be enjoyed during parties of all sorts, especially football. These Sheet Pan Beef Nachos are another perfect nacho option for a fun party atmosphere, or these Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies are always a huge favorite too. And of course you can never go wrong with your traditional delicious and Easy Cheese Ball.
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are one of my favorite appetizers to serve when my family all gets together. They are so easy to make that you can’t go wrong. I love using a couple different types of cheese to really layer on the chips so each one is covered. The key to good melted cheese is making sure to grate it yourself. It will give you that gooey, string cheesiness with every pull of a tortilla chip.
So my family and I are huge sports enthusiast. I grew up going to University of Washington Husky games and watching a lot of college basketball. I also played a lot of sports growing up and am super competitive, so when Fall rolls around and football starts to rear it’s little head, I think, “it’s time to get my appetizers going and throw some football parties” and Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are the way to go.
Why should you grate your own cheese?
There are a few reasons that grating your own cheese is just better.
- It is cheaper than buying the pre-grated cheese.
- Pre-grated cheese has additives in it that doesn’t allow it to melt properly to get that thick, string cheesiness like cheese that you grate yourself. It tends to clump together, and you don’t want that when melting cheese.
- Freshly grated cheese also just tastes better.
Tips for making delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos:
- Always use freshly grated cheese, meaning the packaged pre-grated cheese is ok, but grating it yourself is going to give you the cheesiness you are trying to achieve.
- Try not to overlap the tortilla chips too much. You don’t want to pull a chip out that is naked without cheese or toppings.
- Adding lots of fresh cut vegetables and herbs gives the nachos an amazing flavor.
- Make sure not to add the fresh toppings and herbs until after you have baked the nachos with the cheese.
- Add the tortillas, some cheese, then your meat (if you are using meat) and top it again with more cheese.
- Crema Mexicana is a great sauce to use and if you add a little seasoning to it such as ranch seasoning mix, hot sauce or even bbq sauce, it is even more amazing.
- To keep them warm out of the oven make a tin foil tent so the tin foil doesn’t actually touch the nachos and the cheese sticks to it. Also make a few slits in the top of the tin foil to let some steam escape so your nachos don’t get soggy.
What are some toppings for nachos?
- Cheese: cheddar, jack, Monterey, gruyere
- Black beans
- Refried beans
- Shredded chicken or pork
- Ground beef
- Peppers: green, red, yellow, jalapenos
- Sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- Cilantro, lime wedges
- Ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, cheese sauce
How do You make nachos at home?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a rimmed baking sheet spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Arrange tortilla chips on sheet pan, trying not to overlap too much, and top with cheese. Add cooked shredded chicken and then top with more cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove nachos and top with tomatoes, jalapeños, red onions, olives, bacon crumbles, avocado, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with Crema Mexicana mixed with 1/2 tsp ranch seasoning packet. Serve warm along side fresh salsa.
Looking for more easy appetizers?
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- ½ bag tortilla chips
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp ranch dressing seasoning packet divided
- ½ tsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup Mexican crema
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese