Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a creamy and delicious meal that is quick and simple to make. Made with dumpling noodles, white tuna, and lots of shredded cheese, the taste is going to be amazing!
Casseroles are such a great way to have a complete meal in one dish for your family to enjoy. One of our favorite casseroles is this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. Perfect for weekends or brunches. Another fun and creamy casserole is this Creamy Parmesan Chicken Ritz Casserole or this amazing Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. All perfect to bake and serve all in one dish.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
When it comes to creamy and cheesy this Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole has got you covered. Made with dumpling egg noodles and flaky white tuna every bite is just what this comfort food calls for. Tuna Noodle Casserole is the ultimate potluck dish and and goes over well with a hungry crowd. It is loaded with rich gooey cheese that makes the taste and texture amazing.
If you want to make a lot of people happy take this Tuna Noodle Casserole to your next church gathering and watch it disappear. There is just something about casseroles and church functions that go hand and hand. We had a Summer rodeo party at church and I took this casserole and it was gone halfway through the line of people.
I am not kidding, this will fly out of your dish and on to people’s plates. I really think using the dumpling noodles gives it even a creamier texture that people love.
What are the ingredients in tuna casserole?
- Dumpling egg noodles
- White canned tuna, packed in water
- Cheddar cheese soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Chopped onions
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh grated monterey jack cheese
- Panko crumbs
- Garlic salt, pepper and melted butter
Do you cook noodles before baking casserole?
- Yes. Make sure to cook the noodles first. However, you don’t want to cook them the entire suggested amount of time. Cook them 3-4 minutes less than the suggested time, so when you add them to your casserole and bake it the noodles don’t come out mushy and fall apart.
How long do you bake tuna noodle casserole?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with panko mixture and cook an additional 5-10 minutes more until panko crumbs are lightly golden brown and casserole is hot and bubbling.
Can you freeze tuna noodle casserole?
- Yes. Leftover tuna noodle casserole can be frozen.
- Don’t remove the cooked casserole from the pan you cooked it in. Simply place a layer of foil over it and put it in your freezer for a 3-5 hours until nice and frozen.
- Remove the frozen casserole from the dish and place it in a sealable container or freezer bag and then place back into the freezer.
How do you reheat a frozen casserole?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen casserole in an oven safe dish and cover with foil.
- Bake until center of casserole is heated through, about 1 hour.
How do you make tuna noodle casserole?
- Cook dumpling noodles 3-5 minutes shorter than suggested time, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine tuna, cheese soup, cream of mushroom soup, peas, diced onions, grated cheeses, noodles, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into a 8.5X11 casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Mix panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter and sprinkle over the top of casserole. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until crumbs are golden brown and casserole is hot and bubbling. Garnish with parsley.
If you love comfort food here are some other great recipe ideas:
- The Best Meatball Casserole
- The Best Skillet Cornbread
- Jalapeno Mac and Cheese
- Cheese Ravioli Skillet
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 6 oz dumpling egg noodles cooked 3 minutes shy of package directions.
- 3-5 oz containers of white tuna in water drained
- 1-10.5 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 1-10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cut parsley for garnish
For the topping:
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese