Hamburger Stroganoff is the perfect family friendly meal that is quick and easy to make. Creamy and loaded with hamburger, you are going to love every twist of your fork.
Is one of the easiest meal to make and it makes a ton! If you are feeding family, friends, and neighbors you will be well prepared, and everyone will love it. Using hamburger makes it a little more kid friendly and definietly lighter on the budget.
This Hamburger Stroganoff is creamy and packed full of flavor in every bite. If your kids or family are not big mushroom lovers you will not even notice them. They blend in and taste creamy and delicious too, or just leave them out and add more hamburger.
What is stroganoff made of?
- Stroganoff is a dish that consists of cheaper cuts of meat such as hamburger or thinly sliced top round.
- It is typically sautéed with onions and mushrooms and is mixed in a sour cream and/or cream of mushroom sauce.
- Stroganoff is severed over egg noodles or rice.
Hamburger Stroganoff is a comforting week night meal. The hamburger sauce can be made ahead so all you have to do is boil your noodles when you are ready, then just add the creamy hamburger, onion and mushroom sauce and dinner is done.
There is so much flavor going on in this Hamburger Stroganoff from the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and beef broth you will amazed.
How do you make stroganoff with ground beef?
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet add hamburger and season with garlic salt and pepper cook until almost browned and add in garlic, mushrooms, and onions. Cook until tender. Drain and add cornstarch to skillet mixing to combine.
- Pour in cream of mushroom soup, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream and horseradish. Stir to combine.
- Pour stroganoff sauce over noodles or rice and garnish with parsley and fresh cracked pepper.
What can stroganoff be served with?
- Traditionally stroganoff is served over noodles or rice, but it can also be served over mashed potatoes.
- Some great sides that can be served along side hamburger stroganoff are: steamed or sauteed vegetables; broccoli, asparagus, green beans, or peas.
- In additional you can serve a green salad, crusty french bread or garlic bread.
Can you freeze stroganoff?
- Yes. This is a great recipe to make ahead and safely freeze.
- If you want to freeze your hamburger stroganoff (not the noodles) you can prepare the sauce and place it in an airtight container and freeze safely for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to use it, take it out of your freezer and place it in your refrigerator to safely thaw.
- Heat up on the stove in a skillet, then just boil the noodles and your hamburger stroganoff will be ready to serve.
Rather than spending a lot of money on take out, whip up a skillet full of rich and creamy Hamburger Stroganoff. It will be a crowd pleaser and will leave you more time with your family and less time in the kitchen. Dinner doesn’t have to be difficult, but is should be delicious.
Key ingredients used in this recipe:
Hamburger Stroganoff is the perfect family friendly meal that is quick and easy to make. Creamy and loaded with hamburger, your going to love every twist of your fork.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 10 ox package extra wide egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions.
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet add ground beef, season with garlic salt and pepper and cook until almost brown. Add in minced garlic, mushrooms, and onions. Cook until meat is completely brown and vegetables are tender. Drain meat mixture and add in cornstarch. Mix until well combined.
- Pour in cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream and horseradish. Mix to combine and pour over egg noodles. Garnish with parsley and cracked pepper.