Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet
When you think of Garlic and Honey, you think sweet and savory, but when you add a touch of Dijon it becomes Sweet and Sassy. This Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet is all the sass you need for dinner tonight!
Ok sassy pants, get out your skillets and be prepared to make one Diva of a dinner. This Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet is easy, quick, and packed full of flavor all with only a few ingredients.. LOVE THAT! I know garlic can be overpowering at times, but when it comes to this skillet meal you will savor each and every bite and it won’t leave you with dragon breath. The honey is just the right amount to make the chicken tender and almost caramelized, and then when you add the dijon.. POW.. you get hit with the flavor hook.
I seriously can’t tell you how delicious this Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet enough. It was a huge hit with yet again, my neighbors. Trust me, we do eat what I cook, but with only two of us and a baby we can’t eat it all, so thank goodness for neighbors. If you don’t have a skillet, get one because making this is a must. I love to cook in skillets because they can go from the stove to the oven and your food stays so warm and the flavor just keep oozing out. This Garlic Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet really is all that sass and more. It is what brings your enemies close and your friends closer. So trust me, make it, love it and own it, because it is 3 snaps in a “Z” formation good!
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (You can also use chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, divided (3 minced, 3 whole) *
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 3 whole garlic cloves. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and cook each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 garlic cloves minced. Cook until tender and whisk in honey and mustard. Add the chicken back to the pan and heat for a couple of minutes more. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!