Best Hamburger Soup
Best Hamburger Soup is a perfect family friendly meal hearty enough for even the biggest appetites. Full of beef, vegetables, and potatoes, your family will love this soup for dinner!
Best Hamburger Soup
When you think of hamburger we often think of a patty served between two buns and of course all the fixings, but switch your thought to the Best Hamburger Soup and you will be obsessed with hamburger in a whole new way. Hamburger Soup is full of fresh vegetables, but is also loaded with meat and potatoes giving this soup the status of a meal.
Hamburger Soup may not be served between two buns, but dipping some warm bread into this soup to make sure you get every drop is a must. Soup is such a great way to feed your family and the Best Hamburger Soup will be a game changer for dinner tonight.
Some Tips About Making Best Hamburger Soup:
- Should I cook the hamburger before making the soup? Yes! It is important to brown your hamburger and season it before adding in the rest of the soup ingredients.
- You don’t have to cook the potatoes before putting them into the soup.
- Best Hamburger Soup is also great with freshly grated cheddar cheese. Just add it to each bowl as a garnish or more if want it cheesy.
- To get more vegetables I often add corn and fresh sliced zucchini.
- Do you have to use canned diced tomatoes? No, you can use a can of tomato sauce if you do not like canned tomatoes.
- Is it important to let the soup simmer? Yes. This is how you will get perfectly cooked vegetables and potatoes and it allows the flavors to blend and build off each other.
- I often make a big pot of this Best Hamburger Soup and freeze it in ziplock containers then pull it out and let it thaw the night before I want it, for a quick dinner idea.
- This can be made in the slow cooker, but make sure to cook your hamburger first and then add the rest of the ingredients.
Looking for more easy recipes?
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushrooms
- Coconut Shrimp
- Creamy Grape Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain.
- Add the next 10 ingredient to the same saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add in beans and cover. Let simmer 15 minutes more or until the beans are tender.