Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup
When you want something rich and creamy, full of cheese and bursting with flavor then I have just what you need, Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup served with warm garlic butter bread sticks.
Creamy Tortellini Soup
is often the last thing you think about making when you live in a continual hot climate..until NOW. This Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup hit every taste bud imaginable. If you are a fan of cheese, creaminess, garlic, tortellini and well more cheese you are going to love this Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup. Don’t let the spinach scare you, it cooks up so soft and delicious you won’t even realize you are eating it. 😉
Creamy Tortellini Spinach Soup
touches ever taste bud imaginable. Imagine for a moment you are just sitting down to dinner and your bowl is warm and you catch a little waft of the garlic and Italian seasoning bellowing from your freshly made soup. You then finally reach for your spoon and delicately dip your spoon into the creamy soup breaking through the cheesy layer to scoop up a spoonful of melted cheese, soft succulent veggies and tortellini that is bursting with more cheese. BAM! your in tastebud heaven.
Then you put your spoon down and reach for a warm buttery garlic breadstick or piece of garlic bread and dunk it through the cheesy center of the soup, breaking up the Italian croutons that have begun to soften and hold it submerged just long enough for the bread to soak up all that cream and cheesy goodness. If you are drooling, then you better get the recipe and make this Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup and enjoy every bite. YUM!
Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4- cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12-ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 bag (5-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey cheese
- 1 box of Italian croutons (optional)
- Garlic bread or bread sticks (optional)
- Melt butter in a large soup pot.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-low heat for 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk in flour until crumbly.
- Add broth, canned tomatoes, and continue to whisk until everything is well combined and there are no clumps.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Add tortellini and continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, until tortellini is tender and heated through.
- Stir in cream and cheese and bring back to a steady boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, soup will begin to thicken
- Remove from heat and add in spinach, stir to combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with more cheese
- *I added Italian croutons to the top and served with garlic bread sticks for dipping. serve warm.