Bacon Wrapped Chicken in Chili Cheese Sauce (Keto Friendly)
Bacon Wrapped Chicken in Chili Cheese Sauce is a great low carb meal that will satisfy anyone who loves bacon and cheese, and will be done in less than 30 minutes.
If you love bacon wrapped chicken you need to try bacon wrapped chicken with jalapeno cream sauce, it is one of my most popular recipes on the blog or these maple glazed bacon wrapped little smokies, they make a perfect appetizer for any party.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Thin sliced chicken breast wrapped in bacon, cooked tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, served up in a delicious chili cheese sauce and done in less than 30 minutes, this is a meal that will become a family favorite. Wether you are on a keto diet, watching your carb intake, or just want to enjoy all the delicious flavors bacon wrapped chicken can offer, you will want to make this recipe.
Using thin sliced chicken breast makes cooking the chicken much easier. Often times regular chicken breast can be very thick and then wrapping them in bacon and cooking them gets the bacon cooked, but your left with uncooked chicken in the center. So to help get nice crispy bacon and moist cooked chicken throughout I like to use the thin sliced chicken breast.
What is bacon wrapped chicken called?
- Bacon wrapped chicken is made with thin sliced chicken breast and wrapped with original cut bacon slices. Cooked in a skillet until the bacon is crisp on the outside and the chicken is tender and no longer pink on the inside then topped with a delicious chili cheese sauce.
How do you make bacon wrapped chicken?
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 pieces of bacon.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add butter and let melt, add in bacon wrapped chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Carefully wipe out skillet and add cheddar cheese, chipotle peppers, milk, and grated cheese. Whisk over medium heat until heated through.
- Add chicken back to skillet and ladle chili cheese sauce over the top and garnish with fresh cilantro.
How do get bacon wrapped chicken crispy?
- If you want your bacon even a little crispier, after cooking it in the skillet place, either place the skillet or transfer the chicken to a rimmed sheet pan and broil on high for 2 minutes, but watch it closely, you don’t want it to burn.
How long do you bake bacon wrapped chicken breast?
- If you want bake your bacon wrapped chicken in the oven, wrap the chicken with 2 pieces of bacon, then place them on a lightly sprayed rimmed sheet pan seam side down.
- bake chicken breast in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, uncovered.
Are you looking for more Keto recipes?
- How to cook Filet Mignon
- Bacon ranch deviled eggs
- Soy glazed flank steak
- Salmon with creamy avocado sauce
- Marinated flank steak
Wether you are watching your carb intake, enjoying delicious keto meals, or simply love bacon, you will love how amazing this bacon wrapped chicken is topped with chili cheese sauce. The combination will knock you into ketosis.
If you like this recipe follow and share:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken in Chili Cheese Sauce
- 4 thin sliced chicken breast
- 8 slices of original cut bacon
- 1 10-1/2 oz can cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk or low fat
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- cilantro for garnish
We started to use this recipe in our Keto Diet. Thanks so much!