Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon
Get ready to fall in love with the most savory Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon you will ever make. So moist and full of rich honey butter and garlic flavor it will be love at first bite.
Honey, Butter, Garlic, fresh Salmon… Need I go on?!? Well I will. This Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon is no stop flavor action, from the creamy butter texture with a touch of sweet honey you couldn’t possibly ask for more. The garlic enhances the flavor without being overpowering and when you dust the Salmon with fresh lemon juice the flavors all just make delicious sense. I couldn’t have been any happier with the way this Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon turned out. One thing that always worries me when cooking fish, is drying it out.. yuck! But honestly, this was a piece of cake to make and with the Honey Butter and Garlic dripping all over this fish and wrapped tightly in foil to steam it just right, there was no worry of it being over done.
Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon truly is remarkable and depending on the piece of salmon you get, it really can feed several people. My Dad was the first to sink his teeth into this Salmon and was blown away at all the flavor, because fish can sort of be flavorless, but not when baked and marinated in Honey Butter and Garlic. Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon is hands down my favorite salmon recipe I have made, and I have made a lot. My Dad is an avid fisher and is always bringing home amazing fresh fish, so of course I had to try this Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon recipe and it turned out so moist and flakey I may just have ruined any other salmon recipes I try.
Honey Butter Garlic Baked Salmon is caramelized at the end to give it a little crispy texture and beauty and is the perfect way to finish off such an amazing, delicious Salmon dish.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 1/2 pound side of salmon
- Sea salt , to taste
- Cracked pepper , to taste
- Lemon slices to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or green onion (optional)
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray or sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray or sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or large spoon, spread butter evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open the foil, be careful not to get too close to any escaping steam, and grill or broil under broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top. Garnish with parsley, or green onion and serve with lemon slices.