Detox Kale Salad
Detox Kale Salad is a great way to reset and re-charge when your body needs it most. Not only is it packed full of hearty nutrients it tastes amazing too.
Detox Kale Salad
We all have those moments in time that we need to pull in the reigns and replenish our bodies with some heart healthy nutrients. This Detox Kale Salad is one of my favorite ways to recharge my system. It is seriously packed full of amazing hearty greens, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, dried cranberries and slivered almonds. One of my favorite things about Detox Salad is that it is so simple to make and it makes a good portion, so you can also meal plan with it. It is like a chop chop salad with all the veggies chopped up nice and small for easy enjoyment. If you are not a huge fan of broccoli, kale, or cauliflower you will still love this kale salad simply because you really don’t eve realize you are eating all that good stuff.
Detox Kale Salad is very cleanings, which is the overall purpose of detoxing. The dressing for this Detox Kale Salad is very simple, but packs a punch of flavor. I like to make this salad and then divide it up to stretch it out over several days, that way I have it all prepared for my week. The dressing can be made up and kept in the refrigerator and used as you go through your detox each day, that way you won’t have soggy salad, yuck! Remember to detox when you are feeling sluggish or haven’t been eating the best to remove all those impurities that can slow us down. This Detox Kale Salad is truly delicious and will do your body good.
What does detox mean?
- Is a process of cleansing the blood, by removing impurities in the liver where toxins are processed for elimination.
How do you make a detox salad?
Detox salads are very easy to make and make a lot.
- Combine chopped broccoli, cauliflower, purple cabbage, brussels sprouts, carrots, kale, green onions, dried cranberries and slivered almonds in a bowl.
- Toss to mix and then add dressing when ready to serve.
Tips for making Detox Kale Salad:
- The best way I have found to make this salad is finely chopping all the ingredients that way you are getting a good portion of all the greens in one bite.
- I recommend not putting the salad dressing on the salad until you are ready to eat it so avoid your salad from getting soggy. If serving it for a group of friends I would put the dressing on the side so people can add as much or as little as they want.
- This Detox Kale Salad last for about 5 days in your refrigerator. I would place a piece of saran wrap over the top and then place an airtight lid over the saran wrap to keep the freshness. Also by not adding the salad dressing it will last longer and stay fresher.
Looking for more easy salad recipes?
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
- Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Fall Harvest Salad
Detox Kale Salad
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped brussels sprouts
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of brown sugar
- Combine all salad ingredients except the avocado, and toss to mix.
- Mix all ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl.
- Add Salad dressing to salad when ready to serve and garnish with avocado.