Easy Street Tacos
Who loves tacos? These Easy Street Tacos need to be happening in your kitchen tonight. Quick and easy to prepare you will find yourself smiling, laughing, and eating in less than 20 minutes.
I don’t know about you, but I have never met a person who doesn’t like tacos in some form or another. I am sure there are some nay sayers and that is perfectly ok, but these Easy Street Tacos are perfect for a light Spring/Summer meal and party appetizer.
First of all, tacos are really just a genius food. Literally you can put about anything you want into a shell or tortilla and call it a taco of some sort, and these Easy Street Tacos, although simple, are sensational.
Today I made these Street Tacos with a combination of ground beef and pork. Is that right or wrong? I have know idea, but that is the beauty of making tacos, they just always come out right.
What are Street Tacos?
- Street tacos are made in a small soft corn or flour tortilla. Generally the tortilla is about the size of the palm or your hand, give or take a bit. Perfect to hold and eat in a few bites.
- They are meant to be more of a snack.
- Street tacos are simple and don’t come with a lot of fillings or toppings.
- They are filled with ground beef, chicken, pork, or fish and often times topped with diced onions and a choice of hot sauce.
These Easy Street Tacos would be perfect for your Cinco De Mayo celebration. You could even turn it into a taco bar and have all the meat and toppings out for your family and friends to load up on all their favorite things.
But feel free to keep it simple with meat, a little pico de gallo and a splash of Crema Mexicana.
How do you make Street Tacos?
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large skillet or frying pan add the ground beef and pork and season with one taco seasoning packet. Add in a can of crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Brown until meat is fully cooked and break up into small crumbles.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with soft taco shells and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes, just to get the shells slightly crisp, but still soft. With a slotted spoon place meat onto the taco shell.
- Top each taco with Pico de gallo (store bought or homemade), Crema Mexicana or sour cream, and a squeeze of lime. Serve with sliced avocados and hot sauce (optional).
What is a good side dish for tacos?
- A simple green salad
- Mexican rice
- Black beans, refried beans, or pinto beans
- Chips and salsa and/or guacomole
- Mexican cornbread
- Cole slaw
How to make homemade Pico de Gallo?
This is very simple and easy to do.
- In a large bowl combine:
- tomatoes, finely chopped
- red onions, finely chopped
- jalapeños, finely chopped
- cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Mix to combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
So think simple, easy and delicious for your next round of tacos, they fit in your hand which means you can eat two at a time!
Have fun with dinner or planning a party, cooking shouldn’t be difficult, but it should always be delicious.