Maple Glazed Salmon Meal Prep
Maple Glazed Salmon Meal Prep is one, two, three and done. Salmon that is broiled in a delicious maple glaze and done in less than 10 minutes. Meal prepping at its best.
Maple Glazed Salmon
How many times do you ask yourself, “what am I going to have eat?” One of the greatest ways I have found to answer that question is by meal prepping.
This Maple Glazed Salmon Meal Prep is one of the easiest meals to prepare for a couple days of lunch and/or dinner.
What does meal prepping mean?
- Meal Prepping is simply put, preparing your meals ahead of time for convenience.
- The start to any meal prep is writing down a plan that works for you and following that. It helps you develop healthy habits and attain your fitness goals.
- It is a way to make life easier during the week, however it doesn’t mean you have to cook everything ahead of time. You can prepare by marinating your meat and placing it in the freezer or refrigerator so it is ready to cook, or portion your vegetables out so you have them all washed and ready when you want to cook them.
- Meal prepping is a great way to have food prepared so when you are hungry you don’t have to wonder about what to eat or go get take out for convenience. You can take what you have prepared and simply heat it up, similar to a T.V. dinner, but a healthier alternative prepared by you.
Most of all, this Maple Glazed Salmon Meal Prep can be done very easily. Cook the salmon and then cut it into 4 ounce filets. Place the filets in a plastic meal prep container or container that can be sealed air tight in the refrigerator.
In addition to cooking your salmon you can make the rice and edamame and separate it out into the containers as well.
Why is meal prepping important?
There are many good reasons meal prepping is important, here are a few reasons why I feel it is helpful and important:
- Meal prepping will help you save time and practice good time management.
- It helps with controlling portion size and the amount of food you eat.
- Meal prepping helps you stay focused and on track with your nutritional goals.
- You will save money and time.
- Practicing meal prepping helps to minimize stress, by having your food prepared for the week ahead.
How does meal prepping work?
- Pick a day you want to cook your meals and for what meal of the day (breakfast, lunch dinner) you want to prep for.
- Decide what foods you want to cook, but don’t overwhelm yourself with a ton of different things. Stick to a few things for the week and make those.
- Once you have everything cooked, store each meal in proper containers so they are airtight and place them in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to eat, simply pull your prepared meal out of the refrigerator, and heat it up.
So wether you are a meal prep newbie, or a valiant Veteran, this Maple Glazed Salmon is going to be a great way to start or keep it going.
It is so helpful to have your meal or meals prepared so you take the guess work out of that nagging question “what I am going to have to eat?” Cooking doesn’t have to be difficult, but it does need to be time effective and delicious.
Key ingredients used in this recipe:
- Meal prep containers
- Calrose rice
- Whole salmon Filet ( you can buy filets pre-cut or have the butcher cut them for you).