If you are a spaghetti kind of family, you are going to love this easy Baked Spaghetti recipe. It is loaded with ground beef, creamy sauce, and lots of gooey cheese.
Oven baked spaghetti is one of those recipes that is a slam dunk for a quick, and delicious dinner during the week. Made with a combination two kinds of cheese, Alfredo and marinara sauce, and ground beef, this cheesy bake spaghetti will be a family favorite. Plus, all you need to do is add a caesar salad and warm garlic bread and you will have the best baked spaghetti for dinner there is. You can never go wrong with spaghetti, and this easy baked spaghetti recipe combines all the deliciousness of traditional spaghetti with a creamy twist.
What is Baked Spaghetti?
- Baked Spaghetti is similar to traditional spaghetti, but it is mixed with alfredo sauce and cheese to make it creamy.
- It is baked in the oven like a casserole.
If you are heading to a family get together or potluck oven baked spaghetti is the perfect recipe to make. Full of cheese, ground beef, and spaghetti noodles, you can’t go wrong. Oh, and don’t worry about having to take any home, it will be eaten up in a heart beat.
How do you make Baked Spaghetti?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook ground beef seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. When beef is almost done cooking add minced garlic and diced onions and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- In a large bowl combine, cooked noodles, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, and beef mixture. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cream cheese until fully combined and cheese has melted.
- Place in a 9×13 baking dish and top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes and garnish with fresh chopped basil and oregano. Serve warm.
Can Baked Spaghetti be frozen?
- Yes. This is a great make ahead meal or definitely one to keep any leftovers and reheat.
- Follow the recipe as listed, minus the baking if you are going to make it ahead and freeze it right away. If you want to freeze it in the baking dish place plastic wrap over the top and place directly into your freezer. Then when you are ready to bake it, set the oven on 375 and bake for one hour.
- If you are going to bake it and want to freeze the leftovers, you can freeze it the same way as above, or place the leftovers in zip lock bags or air tight plastic containers and then remove from freezer and place in a baking dish to reheat.
How to cook baked spaghetti?
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions for al dente noodles. This is to ensure the noodles don’t become mushy after baking in the oven.
- Toss spaghetti with meat sauce and place in a baking dish. Top with cheese and cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
So for a fun twist on an old favorite that won’t disappoint, this will be the best baked spaghetti recipe that your family and friends will love!
Dinner doesn’t need to be difficult, but it should always be delicious.
Looking for more casserole recipes?
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1-15 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz spaghetti cooked according to package directions for al dente noodles.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and oregano optional