BBQ Pulled Pork
BBQ Pulled Pork is one of the best ways to eat pork. This pulled pork is moist, bursting with flavor and you don’t need to cook it for hours in the crockpot. Two simple ingredients and you are on your way to BBQ Pulled Pork greatness.
BBQ Pulled Pork
BBQ Pulled Pork is such a great recipe to make anytime of the year. This pulled pork recipe has got to be one of the easiest recipes I have made. Literally is consists of a boneless pork shoulder, root beer, seasoning and bbq sauce, that’s it and the outcome is sensational. You get a tender and flavorful amount of shredded pork that is good alone, on sandwiches, or tacos. Honestly, I don’t think I have made a better tasting pork recipe than this.
What type of pork do I use for Pulled Pork?
- You want to use pork shoulder, or also referred to pork butt or Boston butt. You may see it written as Pork Shoulder Boston Butt at the grocery store. So don’t get confused if it says pork shoulder or pork butt, it is a versatile piece of meat and both can be use.
- Boston Butt is more commonly used for pulled pork.
- You want to make sure you get a boneless cut, which are generally in the 5-10 pound range.
I love my slow cooker, but sometimes I like to try something new which is why this BBQ Pulled Pork was not only easy to make, but I was so excited when it came out so delicious. The pork was perfect for pulled pork sandwiches and a little side of cole slaw. I can’t tell you how fast this all got eaten at a birthday party I took it too, and when I shared the recipe no one could believe it was so simple.
Why do I need to cover the pork while cooking it?
- Covering the pork will help retain the juices while cooking it. Sometimes pork can can shrink and loose its juices quickly, so by covering you will be able to hold in the natural juices for a tender outcome.
How do you cook pulled pork in the oven?
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place boneless pork shoulder in disposable roasting pan and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 liter root beer over the pork and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 1 hour at 325 degrees, and then drop the temperature to 275 degrees and cook for 2 more hours.
- Remove for oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Shred pork with a fork and mix in BBQ sauce.
Let your slow cooker take a back seat to this BBQ Pulled Pork recipe. You will love the flavor, simplicity, and ever tender juicy morsel of this pork you can consume. It is fall apart fantastic and makes one heck of a pulled pork sandwich. Never say never, give this one a try, it will be a winner for dinner.
Looking for more delicious meat recipes?
- Skillet Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- The Best Slow Cooker Ribs
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Mushrooms
BBQ Pulled Pork
- 5 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into large cubes
- 1 liter root beer
- 3 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 Tablespoons pepper
- Sesame seed for garnish (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 large disposable aluminum foil roasting pan
- Place pork into roasting pan and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour root beer over the pork and cover with foil. Let marinate 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and cook pork covered, for ONE hour.
- After one hour, reduce heat to 275 degrees and finish cooking for 2 more hours.
- Take pork out of oven and let rest for 20 minutes. Transfer to a large skillet and shred with forks.
- Pour in BBQ sauce and heat on medium heat until BBQ sauce is all combined, and serve.