Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes
Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes are like biting into a fresh pumpkin pie without all the work. The cupcake is moist and gooey and is topped with salted caramel goodness. The real question will be how many pumpkin cupcakes will you eat?
Trick or treat? Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes are definitely a treat. You cannot go wrong with these cupcakes that are filled with caramel and topped with a creamy frosting to keep the treat going from start to finish. I love the Fall, and best of all that Pumpkin can be used throughout the Holidays. So pumpkin over load beware! Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to start the Pumpkin season off right.
Did I tell you there is caramel on the inside? Oh.. maybe I did, but oh my goodness it is so good! It gives these Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes just the gooey pleasure you are not expecting when you go in for a big bite. BUT.. the show stopper is the frosting with more caramel sauce and trace amounts of sea salt adding that delicious salted caramel flavor that we all envision during the pumpkin season.
I added a few sprinkles, but you could just leave them with the salted caramel flavor or dress them with your favorite Halloween candy. The options are all yours, but one thing is for sure, these Easy Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes deliver the best fall flavors all wrapped into one little trick or treat.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping sauce
- sea salt
- 1 large container of favorite white frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer until blended; spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- BAKE 20 to 22 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan for 2-3 minutes then using a straw, poke 4 holes in the top of each cupcake. Drizzle a small amount of the caramel sauce over the top of each hole, allowing it to sink into holes.
- Cool cupcakes 10 more minutes and then remove from pan.
- Mix frosting, cinnamon and powdered sugar until desired stiffness or peaks hold their form.
- Frost Cupcakes, decorate with more caramel sauce, sea salt and sprinkles. YUM!